The GEMS Learning Trust is driven to ensure that all children receive a first-class education. High expectations, high challenge and a high level of feedback and support will be offered to both staff and pupils to create a high-achieving Academy. On a daily basis, our Academies will firmly focus on the core basics of phonics, reading, talk for writing, writing, and mathematics.
In addition, creative approaches to learning, independent thinking and collaborative problem-solving skills and the arts will be used to engage and motivate the children to love learning and understand how they learn. A blend of basic skills, rigour and attention to detail will underpin the cross-curricular planning. There will be an energy and buzz amongst the staff and the children, and no child will be allowed to slip through the net.
GEMS leads the way in developing meaningful parent partnerships models. Our Academies will ensure that parents are fully involved in their children’s school life, and that working in partnership, we will be able to ensure that children are happy and achieving their full, academic potential.
GEMS Learning Trust believes children should:
- Be happy at school; develop positive attitudes, strong personal and social skills and a lifelong love of learning
- Achieve high levels in reading, writing, mathematics and science throughout primary school, and make exceptional levels of progress from their starting points
- Enjoy a creative and enriched curriculum profiling art, music and drama, underpinning academic success
- Understand the relevance of their learning to future careers in a globalised, competitive and multi-lingual world
- Benefit from an extended school day with programmes for both enrichment and additional teaching, and quality, wraparound care, from 8am to 6pm.